|Practice on German Farms (Livestock and Crop Production)
|The purpose of the internship
- gaining practical skills, knowledge and experience related to the program of study and specialty of the student;
- application of the theoretical knowledge obtained;
- application of the methods of environmentally friendly agricultural products production;
- mastering of the latest technologies and methods of modern agricultural production organization, essential in animal husbandry, arable farming, horticulture and forage production, maintenance of modern machinery.
|Term of the internship
||within 3.5 to 6 months (from April to September)
- a rich practice program includes training courses and seminars, practical application of knowledge on mixed-type family farms and a cultural program;
- animal husbandry - care of animals (cows, pigs, horses, poultry), milking of cows; feed production, milk processing and dairy production and other farm work;
- crop production - organic farming, harvesting, packaging and processing of vegetables, work with agricultural machinery.
|Requirements for candidates
- age: 18 - 25;
- elementary German,
- agricultural terminology;
- a full-time student of agrarian educational institution (excluding under-graduates);
- wiliness to work physically;
- driving license (car and tractor (preferable));
- professional motivation and good awareness of the domestic agrarian sector, practical experience in agricultural sector;
- gender of trainees: male, female.
- student gets a grant monthly;
- the farmer provides a trainee with accommodation and meals;
- the farmer provides a trainee with health insurance;
- the university helps you to get visa and buy the travel documents;
- the university arranges assistance in the issuance of visas and the purchase of travel documents;
- upon completion of the internship you have a good opportunity of getting a recommendation on gaining experience in the field of animal husbandry and plant growing.