The members of the Academic Council of Sumy National Agrarian University, chaired by Rector Volodymyr LADYKA, gathered for a regular meeting on January 29, 2024. The following issues are on the agenda:
- On the results and prospects of research work at the university (reported by Yurii DANKO, Vice-Rector for Research and International Activities)
- On the results of work in 2023 and prospects for the development of the Faculty of Agrotechnology and Natural Resource Management (speaker: Dean of the Faculty of Agrotechnology and Natural Resource Management Olha BAKUMENKO)
- On the results of work in 2023 and prospects for the development of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (speaker: Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology Vladyslav ZUBKO)
- Approval of personalized scholarships based on the results of the autumn semester of the 2023-2024 academic year (report: Vice-Rector of Academic and Educational Work Ihor KOVALENKO)
– Issues of scientific work (speaker: Vice-Rector for Reserch and International Activities Yurii DANKO)
– On the results of the work of the specialist on the prevention and detection of corruption of Sumy NAU (speaker: specialist on the prevention and detection of corruption of Sumy NAU Mykhailo PYRHA)
– On setting the limits of scholarship holders (report: Vice-Rector for Academic Work Mykola KOVALENKO)
After delivering a welcoming speech, the Chairman of the Academic Council, Rector of the SNAU presented the Rector’s awards for special achievements during martial law in 2023 to the following employees: Larysa KALACHEVSKA, Marina SAMILIK, Inna KHARCHENKO.
During their reports, both the Dean of the Faculty of Agricultural and Natural Resource Management Olha BAKUMENKO and the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology Vladyslav ZUBKO spoke about the student population, research, and international and grant activities, and the opening of new classrooms and laboratories. In particular, they noted the creation of double degree programs in Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security (jointly with RAU (UK)) and Agroengineering (jointly with the Czech University of Applied Sciences). Olha Mykolaivna boasted of the active participation of students in dual education, and Vladyslav Mykolaiovych boasted of the opening of new equipped laboratories, such as the first New Holland Academy in Ukraine. In addition, the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering and Technology presented the results of the work of the training and practical center, which includes 5 working professions. In 2024, it is planned to open 3 more professions on the basis of the ETC ITF. Olha BAKUMENKO emphasized the importance of improving the material and technological base and mentioned the problems of restoring greenhouses that were damaged by an air strike. The work of both deans and their teams was recognized as satisfactory.
Yuriy DANKO reported on the position of the SNAU in national and international rankings, indicators of scientific work, protection of intellectual property rights, patent work, as well as on state-level scientific events in which our employees participate, and on student research.
After hearing all the reports, the present members of the Academic Council made the appropriate decisions, which were documented.